The NFL Record and Fact Book has been a staple for football enthusiasts for years, providing a wealth of information and statistics about the game. The 2015 edition of this book is no exception, packed with records, facts, and intriguing tidbits that will surely captivate any football fan. In this article, we will delve into the highlights of the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book, including five unique facts that make this edition stand out.
1. The 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book is the most comprehensive edition to date, containing detailed individual and team records, Super Bowl summaries, and complete player and game statistics from the league’s inception in 1920.
2. This edition also includes a special section dedicated to the NFL’s 95th anniversary celebration, featuring historical photographs and fascinating stories about the league’s evolution.
3. The 2015 edition boasts a new design and layout, making it easier to navigate and find specific information. With improved organization and a user-friendly index, it is the ultimate resource for football trivia and history.
4. In addition to regular season and playoff records, the book also covers preseason statistics, such as the most preseason wins by a team (Green Bay Packers with 368), most preseason touchdowns (Jerry Rice with 37), and the longest preseason winning streak (Dallas Cowboys with 20).
5. One of the most intriguing features of the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book is the section dedicated to individual player records and achievements. From the most consecutive games with a touchdown pass (Johnny Unitas with 47) to the most career interceptions returned for touchdowns (Rod Woodson with 12), this book highlights the exceptional performances of some of the greatest players in NFL history.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book:
1. Where can I purchase the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book?
The book is available for purchase on the official NFL website, as well as major online retailers like Amazon.
2. Is the 2015 edition updated with the latest records and statistics?
Yes, the book is regularly updated to include the most recent records and statistics up until the previous season. It provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date information available.
3. Can I find information about specific players and teams in this book?
Absolutely! The 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book contains detailed information about individual players, teams, and their records. You can find statistics such as career passing yards, team winning percentages, and much more.
4. Is this book suitable for casual fans or is it more geared towards serious football enthusiasts?
The book caters to both casual fans and die-hard enthusiasts. It presents information in a way that is accessible to everyone, while also providing in-depth statistics and records for those seeking a deeper understanding of the game.
5. Can I use this book for fantasy football research?
Definitely! The 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book is an invaluable resource for fantasy football enthusiasts. It can help you analyze player performance and make informed decisions for your fantasy team.
6. Are there any special features in this edition that make it stand out from previous ones?
Yes, the 2015 edition includes a special section dedicated to the NFL’s 95th anniversary celebration, featuring historical photographs and stories. It adds a unique touch to the book and makes it a collector’s item for fans.
7. Can I find Super Bowl summaries in this edition?
Yes, the book provides comprehensive summaries of each Super Bowl, including the final scores, MVPs, and key moments from the games.
8. Does the book include international NFL records?
Yes, the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book covers international records, including the most international games played by a team (Dallas Cowboys with nine) and the most international games coached (Don Shula with six).
9. Can I find records and statistics specific to a particular decade?
Yes, the book categorizes records and statistics by decade, allowing you to explore the game’s evolution over time and compare performances between different eras.
10. Are there any records or achievements that have yet to be broken?
Yes, there are several records that still stand from the early years of the NFL, such as Jim Brown’s single-season rushing record of 1,863 yards, set in 1963.
11. Can I find information about NFL rule changes in this book?
While the primary focus of the book is records and statistics, it also includes a section on rule changes throughout NFL history, providing insight into how the game has evolved over time.
12. Are there any sections dedicated to notable NFL milestones or achievements?
Yes, the book recognizes significant milestones and achievements in the NFL, such as the first 4,000-yard passing season by Joe Namath in 1967 and the first 2,000-yard rushing season by O.J. Simpson in 1973.
13. Is the 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book available in digital format?
Yes, the book is available as an e-book, making it easily accessible for digital readers and tablets.
The 2015 NFL Record and Fact Book is a must-have for any football enthusiast, providing a comprehensive collection of records, facts, and statistics that capture the rich history of the game. Whether you’re a casual fan or a die-hard follower of the NFL, this edition will undoubtedly satisfy your thirst for football knowledge.