Book of Exalted Deeds is a supplemental rulebook for the 3.5 edition of the popular tabletop role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons. Released in 2003, this book delves into the realm of good, focusing on the virtuous and righteous aspects of the game. In this article, we will explore the Book of Exalted Deeds 3.5e PDF, along with five unique facts about this intriguing supplement. Furthermore, we will address 13 frequently asked questions related to the book.
The Book of Exalted Deeds serves as a guide for players and Dungeon Masters (DMs) who wish to incorporate elements of goodness, righteousness, and divine power into their campaigns. It introduces new character classes, spells, feats, and magic items that are specifically designed for characters who follow the path of righteousness.
Here are five unique facts about the Book of Exalted Deeds:
1. Divine Power: The Book of Exalted Deeds emphasizes the power of the divine in the game. It introduces the concept of “exalted” characters, who are champions of good and possess divine abilities. These characters gain unique powers and bonuses that reflect their commitment to righteousness.
2. Classes and Prestige Classes: This supplement introduces two new character classes – the Holy Liberator and the Knight of the Chalice. The Holy Liberator is a divine spellcaster who specializes in combating evil, while the Knight of the Chalice is a warrior dedicated to the cause of good. Additionally, it offers several prestige classes that allow characters to further develop their divine abilities.
3. Spells and Feats: The Book of Exalted Deeds includes a wide array of spells and feats that are exclusive to exalted characters. These spells and feats focus on healing, protection, and banishing evil forces. They provide players with powerful tools to aid in their noble quests.
4. Auras of Goodness: One of the unique features of the Book of Exalted Deeds is the introduction of “auras of goodness.” These auras radiate from exalted characters and grant various bonuses to allies while imposing penalties on evil creatures. This mechanic enhances the theme of goodness prevailing over evil and encourages strategic positioning on the battlefield.
5. Campaign Guidance: In addition to the mechanical aspects, the Book of Exalted Deeds also provides campaign guidance for DMs. It offers advice on running campaigns with a strong focus on good-aligned characters and provides guidelines for incorporating celestial realms, holy quests, and divine interventions into the narrative.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about the Book of Exalted Deeds:
1. Is the Book of Exalted Deeds necessary to play Dungeons & Dragons?
No, it is not necessary to play the game, but it adds depth and options for players interested in exploring the realm of good and divine powers.
2. Can evil characters use content from the Book of Exalted Deeds?
While the book is primarily focused on good-aligned characters, some options can be adapted for use in an evil campaign at the DM’s discretion.
3. Can I use content from the Book of Exalted Deeds in other editions of Dungeons & Dragons?
The book is specifically designed for the 3.5 edition of the game, but with some adjustments, DMs can adapt the content for other editions.
4. Are there any restrictions on playing an exalted character?
Exalted characters are expected to adhere to a strict code of conduct and uphold the principles of good. DMs may impose consequences if a player’s character deviates from these ideals.
5. Can exalted characters be of any race?
Yes, characters of any race can follow the path of righteousness and become exalted.
6. Can the spells and feats from the Book of Exalted Deeds be used by non-exalted characters?
In most cases, the spells and feats are exclusive to exalted characters. However, DMs can allow non-exalted characters to access some of these options for storytelling purposes.
7. Can the Book of Exalted Deeds be used in conjunction with other supplemental rulebooks?
Yes, the Book of Exalted Deeds can be used alongside other rulebooks to enhance the overall gameplay experience.
8. Are there any powerful artifacts or magical items featured in the book?
Yes, the Book of Exalted Deeds introduces several powerful artifacts and magical items that are aligned with the forces of good.
9. Can exalted characters fall from grace?
Yes, exalted characters can fall if they commit acts contrary to the principles of good. This can result in the loss of their exalted status and associated abilities.
10. Can exalted characters multiclass?
Yes, exalted characters can multiclass like any other character, but they must maintain their commitment to goodness and adhere to their code of conduct.
11. Can the Book of Exalted Deeds be used in a campaign with evil-aligned characters?
While the book is primarily focused on good-aligned characters, DMs can adapt its content to create interesting dynamics in a campaign that includes both good and evil characters.
12. Are there any new creatures or monsters introduced in the book?
While the primary focus of the book is on character options, it does introduce some new celestial creatures and monsters aligned with good.
13. Can the Book of Exalted Deeds be used in a non-religious campaign setting?
Yes, the concepts of goodness and divine power can be incorporated into a campaign regardless of its religious context, allowing for a more nuanced exploration of morality and ethics.
In conclusion, the Book of Exalted Deeds 3.5e PDF offers players and DMs a wealth of options and guidance for incorporating the power of good and divine forces into their Dungeons & Dragons campaigns. With its unique character classes, spells, feats, and campaign guidance, this supplement provides a rich and immersive experience for those who seek to champion the cause of righteousness.